We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 16 November 2009

Challenge 8 - Clear as Day

Wow sooooo many entries for Challenge 7 Stamp Something THANK YOU and I'm so glad lots of you took the extra challenge and gave your heat guns a run out or did something a bit different! Thank You again to Joanna Sheen for sponsoring us and also to Beth for being our special guest.

I must apologise for not doing a tutorial as planned this week as I've been poorly ick ick so I will catch up with more stamping tricks and techniques as soon as I can!


********************************************


WINNERS OF CHALLENGE 7

Its taken a long time to get round to this because there were many duplicate entries. Just a quick reminder that we have a maximum of 3 entries per challenge rule as not everybody is a super fast crafter so it makes it fair all round. If you entered more than 3 cards in challenge 7 then anything after your 3rd entry is not counted, sorry. I've had to check, recheck and check again to make sure the numbers are correct and I make it 85 valid entries so here goes!

The winner of the Joanna Sheen £10 voucher is.....



Which makes it Carolyn! It must be your lucky day because you've also been picked for the Top 3, well done you! Please email me your address :)



Our Top 3 choice for this challenge are in no particular order...

Carolyn - PMS etc


Anne - Anne's hobby blog


Caro - Crafts & Life


Well Done ladies and please grab yourself your blinkie in the side bar!


Also a very special mention to Scott, Ruby, Sophie & Rachel our younger crafters who've taken part in recent challenges. Its lovely to see young crafters and we hope to see more of you!


***************************************************


Okies onto Challenge 8 - Clear as Day.

What we'd like you to do is include some thing clear, transparent or translucent, something see through.

You can alter it so for example use inked acetate (it *was* see through now it aint!) or go the simple route and include clear sticky gems (My fav!!) Remember you can always colour in clear sticky gems with your promarkers/copics so they match your image ;)
Try making some fairy or butterfly wings from fantasy film or similar. There are lots of possibilities on this one so we can't wait to see what you come up with!

And the prize??? Ooooh I have a special treat for you! Some of you may know that I have been asked to join the Design Team over at The Stampman who sell some of the most amazing stamps and products, please go and check them out as its like Aladdins Cave!

One of their newer additions are a range of stamps by the talented Tracey Coates and the prize we're offering is to choose one of her 3 new plates. You can choose either Butterfly Beauties, Starburst Fairies or Classical Instruments it will be your choice! I love them all personally so I couldn't select one to put here so thought you might like the choice yourself! Also watch out for them on Create & Craft TV on 28th November!

As an extra treat I am also offering some Moonglow blog candy over at my Blog, pop on over to enter!





or




or



Lets have a loosie at what the Design Team have created for you this challenge! We've all had a lot of fun with this one and hope you do too! Please leave your entries in the comments box below Cath's card by 12 Noon GMT Monday 30th November, good luck!






I ran a piece of acetate through the cuttlebug using the Happy Birthday Folder. Then I cut the front off of a card blank leaving a small section to stick the acetate to. I covered the inside of the card with paper from Papermania Sweet Nothings range and then stamped and embossed the central image twice, cutting out the central section to decoupage onto the base. I coloured the image with Whisper pens and Sakura pens






8" card blank, 3 shades of purple card for matt & layering, nestabilities for the circles, rub on sticker, double sided tape for the glitter borders, acetate wrap stuck down, butterfly stickers on the acetate.






I used a kit I bought from Studio (Religious Mini O4) this has 3 pieces which fold together, the first two had circles and are in silver an the inside of the card is white.
As I really didn't know how to use this type of card I drew round the circle so it that when I added the pieces on the inside of the card they could be seen through the circle in the 1st two pieces.
Next I put a piece of acetate between the 1st two pieces sticking it onto the card using double sided tape, and put another strip to hold the 1st piece of card inside.
The various pieces were then stuck in or near the circle & I added a gold fluorescent star between the two towers. On the cover, I added 3 stars in each of the top two corners and added an Anita's Seasons Greetings sticker





Judie


This challenge had my brain working overtime, i had a thousand ideas and didnt know what to pick, I used some hard cardstock and cut out a rectangle shape in the middle on both sides of the card. I then attached acetate to the front and the back, running up the middle is a pink ribbon which has three, shrinkle flowers on, i punched them out first and coloured them and then shrunk them down, I punched out several different coloured flowers and attached them to the front of the card and added glitter to beef it up a bit. thanks for looking







I used a kit I love which I purchased from QVC, it is a Kanban kit. The aperture cards came with it and just needed the centres popping out. I then cut and stuck the acetate in the middle of the card, the toppers are decoupaged but it is hard to photograph them, I then added the gems and snowflakes. It is a easy card to make from kit form but I really love them I think they are so cute.










I've used the Elzybells 'polar bear' teddy stamp, coloured with promarkers, with a chalked sky background. I used a sakura clear glitter pen on the little falling snowflakes and polar white flowersoft for snow. I've cut the image out with a Nellie Snellen circle die and the paper is Papermania 'naughty & nice Christmas'. I've used a Sizzix Bigz die to cut some acetate flowers (mainly because I couldn't get my snowflake die to cut through the acetate!), then added lots of glamour dust and some buttons, and finished off with a strip of pink & blue fibres.









I trimmed a card blank down leaving a 2cm strip at the front. I used a Fiskars punch to make a decorative edge. I ran a piece of acetate through a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder and used double sided tape stuck it to the inside of the overlapped front edge.

The paper on the inside of the card is a piece of wrapping paper from Paperchase. They do some fantastic metallic and flocked designs and around £1 to £2 for a massive sheet they are very good value too.

The large snowflake is a 2 step Cuttlebug die that punches and then embosses the shape. It is cut from Doodlebug flocked cardstock so feels like Fuzzy Felt :) The ribbon is a self adhesive one from Papermania, the gem is Paperchase and the sentiment is from Kanban.









I created an Easel card and the butterfly is Acetate. I don't know how well it shows in the photo. I took a couple of close ups that I will put on my blog. I used the Mimi image from Pink Petticoat Designs. I love these Easel cards, really fun to make!








I stamped a Cute companion stamp from Christmas Magic set, the using black Memento Ink. Which I coloured in using watercolour pencils and add a chalk background to the bauble.
Then I stamped the same image using stazon on to acetate. Then added stickles to the snowflakes. I cut out a frame using a scalloped nestabilitiy die. I glued the acetate bauble to this frame.
I then matched up the coloured bauble up with the acetate bauble, then mounted it on to a red card.











For this challenge I have created my very first Easel card whoop whoop! They are soooo simple once you make the base you realise is that IT! I shall put destructions on my blog if you don't know how to make them. The papers I used are from Bearly Mine designer extreme volume III and I stamped Tracey's Butterfly from the Butterfly Beauties plate onto acetate, flipped it over and added some glamour dust to the back using a clear glue. I used the wing of the smaller butterfly to create the corners and also glamour dusted them. This was secured onto the backing papers with brads. The butterfly at the bottom was made by swiping a tri colour brilliance inkpad onto card and stamping and cutting out two butterflies, making the top one 3d.




Now its my absolute pleasure to introduce you to one of my oldest crafting friends (not that she's old, I've known her a long time is what I mean lol!) Cath used to run a superb shop called Katy's Corner and has appeared regularly in Craft Stamper magazine with some fabulous projects. Her blog is full of tutorials and tips so go and take a peek as its jam packed with ideas!


Cath has created a card using a "Caught in Crystal" method which involves floor cleaner, tissue and reinkers and anything else you'd like to chuck on too! I actually own this card, its miiiine all mine mwhahahaha! I shall put the technique up on here as soon as I can!












EMAIL ENTRIES

JANINE Q



OOOh check this out by Janine Q who is in the process of starting her blog! I think she's going to do very well around blogland!

HELEN C

Fab little delicate acetate card by Helen C, well done!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards DT ladies! You inspire me! This is such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done DT there are some gorgeous cards there everybody does really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done all, hope you all enjoyed it the results are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right try again put wrong link in.

    Great DT cards and the prize this week is gorgeous.

    My card is here

    http://clarabellecrafts.blogspot.com/2009/11/crafty-cardmakers-clear-as-day.html

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards from the design team this week. The prize is wonderful.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super DT cards!
    I colored Dew Drops with my Copic's for this one!
    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this challenge, learnt to do something different. I did acetate snowflakes then glittered them. Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cahllenge and superb DT cards. Sorry my "clear" is a bit of a cop out but Iw as on a roll of 11 challenges with this card lol! Here it is .. thanks for looking
    Paulien x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dt cards are exscellent!!
    Here is my entry.
    Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards from the design team
    hope mine is ok
    Here it is

    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was a bit stuck on this one, but then I needed to do a card for my hairdresser, who is mad on Little Mermaid.

    This is what I came up with

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed this one. Gave me a chance to use my ProMarkers (love them), and my cuttlebug folder.

    This is what I came up with

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using acetate is always a great challenge, my new sweet treat cups came at the right time.
    Thanks for letting me play along.
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooooo fab creations of the DT's!
    my card is here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I can't believe I made the top 3. Thank you so much! I love all the DT work, so varied and yet so stunning. This was a new one on me as I have never worked with acetate before. I found it fun though and you can see three cards here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bother! I couldn't get the link thing to work on my previous post. I will try again...hopefully you can see the cards here. If this hasn't worked you can see them here: http://carocrafts.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-good-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the DT cards. I've used clear sticky jewels for my snowflakes.

    Here's my card.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank so much you for choosing me for top 3!!!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there. I made a 3D frame for this weeks challenge.
    here it is.
    SuzyX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another great challenge to get my teeth into, you sure make thing's interesting....
    Lovely DT card's and a fab prize for the lucky winner.
    Heres mine http://peterjdan.blogspot.com/2009/11/look-no-copics.html

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great challenge.
    All of the DT sample are just FANTASTIC!!!

    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi There,

    Lovely DT makes. Here is my Card!

    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great work DT! I am at awe with you guys creativity. And the challenges are never hard to do! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have made this one with my mammy hope you like it My Card

    ReplyDelete
  27. brilliant cards from everyone - very impressed - xx judie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab challenge and some amazing DT work.
    Anyway, here is my entry
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great Challenge, love the inspiration you had for us.
    Here is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. CLOSED!

    Entries are...

    1. Sarah
    2. Katie
    3. Tracy
    4. Pauline
    5. Cheryl
    6. Alison
    7. Sue
    8. Gloria
    9. Janine (email)
    10. Itzuvit
    11. Glennis
    12. Beverley
    13. Lilac Anglia
    14. Li bee ti
    15. Caro
    16. Kat
    17. Susan
    18. Helen (email)
    19. Libeeti (2)
    20. Vicky
    21. Nancy
    22. Susie
    23. Jodi
    24. Sophie
    25. Crafty Kitten
    26. Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.