We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 30 November 2009

Challenge 9 - Alternative Christmas

Thank you so much for you entries into our previous challenge (8) Clear as Day, there were so many beautiful entries using a huge variety of techniques and it was an absolute pleasure visiting you all. Judie, Julie and myself have chosen our Top 3 this week (one each!) and we'll be back with that and the winner of the fabulous Tracey Coates stamp plate later on! Did any of you catch Jill & Tracey on C&C this saturday, I know Lilac anglia did as I heard her email read out! If you like Tracey's stamps pop over to her blog as she's looking for suggestions on new designs!
******************************************

WINNERS OF PREVIOUS CHALLENGE (8)

I've counted 26 entries including 2 email, they are listed in the comments box below the previous challenge. The winner of their choice of one of Tracey Coates' fabulous stamp plates is......

Number 25 - Crafty Kitten! Well done sweets, please email me!



Our Top 3 this challenge was a joint effort between Judie, Julie and myself and we chose one each so here are our choices!



Judies Choice - Sophie

Julies Choice - Gloria

Vixs Choice - Janine Q



Well Done ladies and lil cherub! Janine will have to get herself a blog now as she is an email entry and what a corker it is too!! Julie kept going back to Glorias and saying yep, definately THAT one and Judie had no idea that Sophie is Julies daughter (shows how much attention she pays in class eh lol lol!)

Grab yourself a well earned blinkie from the sidebar!



**************************************************
Onto Challenge 9 which is sponsored once again by Joanna Sheen. Joanna was also on C&C over the weekend, her shows are so inspirational too and lovely products. New in her shop this month are the Promarker gift sets whoop whoop! These are specially selected packs of 12 promarkers in various themes, also containing blender pens, a wallet, fineliner and bleed proof marker pad, fantastic!

There are also some extra extra cute house mouse decoupage sheets new in stock, go take a peep as these are gorgeous!



CHALLENGE 9 - ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS



A what what you say? Alternative Christmas, we would like you to look at your products with new eyes for this challenge and jump right out of the box instead of just thinking outside it :D



You can take this either way, I don't mind what you choose so our challenge is to.....

1. Create a card/layout/project etc using christmas images in NON TRADITIONAL COLOURS so no red, green, gold combos on a christmas image. I know some of you will take to this like a duck to water as Ive already spied some of you doing it. Have a try at lilac themes, blues, pinks anything but red/green/gold

OR


2. Alternative route is to use a NON CHRISTMAS IMAGE using TRADITIONAL COLOURS so maybe look at your sumer tildas and do them in traditional red/green/gold. I know this works very well for the shopping Anyas.



OKies, have fun with this one! Our ladies have been really busy with xmas preps so I'm very pleased they managed to fit the challenge in too, thanks girls x



Jenny




Papers from pink petticoat tis the season, purple mirror card, black mirror card sprayed with crafters companion gold spray & sparkle, mediallion peel off layered on to mirror card and cut out, peel offs from stash.




I used a square white card and then stuck 3 oblongs of pale mauve paper at the top, left hand side & the bottom.I then used part of a blue card kit which I have bought from craftsuprint, printed and cut out a second black snowflake which I stuck on top of the original one using foam pads, the box with the sentiment is part of the kit and I added the words from my stash. I also added some glitter silver snowflakes to give it some more depth & interest.



Judie


I have chosen to do the christmas card with the non traditional colours - I am out of favour at the mo with images and colouring, so I have chosen to stamp & emboss a border stamp that I have - I mixed the emboss powder with glimmer powder so that it gives it a different kind of shimmer. I have used my ruler that I rip and distress paper with to make the edges on my card a bit different, I lined it up and used a blue metallic pen to make the edges untidy. A good way to make your christmas cards without knowing.



Julie


I started with a C6 deckled edge card, the rest of the card is basic matting and layering with the cute topper. I printed the greeting on the computer with a frame to personalise the card a little more. I added the gems and also a little decoupage to the picture which is not very clear from the picture. Enjoy this challenge good luck x




The image is a digi-stamp from Pink Cat Studio, coloured with promarkers and with lots of glamour dust. The papers are My Mind's Eye, with some sparkly blue cardstock from my stash. Computer generated sentiment. The snowflake was cut with the cuttlebug icicle die and then coated with glamour dust. Added some large pearls to the snowflake centres on the image and on the cuttlebug snowflake.



Mandy



Base of card is an A4 sheet folded in half. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Rose Tinted Christmas stack.
Stamped image is Penny Black coloured in with Promarkers, fur trims are Woodware fluffy stuff covered with glitter and heat embossed so it puffs up. Image has been cut out using a Nestabilities die and matted onto metallic card. The whole image is mounted onto 3d foam.
A second strip of card was punched using the Fiskars scallop edge border punch and the bobble trim is from Doodlebug. Added embellishments are Craftime glittered snowflakes and pink gems from Paperchase.




Rose




Stamps - Magnolia Edwin Sledging and Art Impressions Small Snowy Tree
Copic Markers - E57 Light Walnut, E47 Dark Brown, E37 Sepia, E00 Skin White, E21 Baby Skin Pink, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y08 Acid Yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow, R20 Blush, B22 Phihalo Blue, B93 Light Crockery Blue, B45 Smokey Blue.
Card - Stampin Up Whisper White, Pretty in pink, Bashful Blue
Stampin Up Stampin Pastels
Stickles - Diamond, Stardust, Eucalyptus, Green
Post It Notes or Eclipse Tape
Clear Stardust Pen
Snowflakes and Bow
Hair Spray


I stamped Edwin onto White card as well a piece of eclipse tape to use a a mask on the white card. I then stamped a series of trees as a background. I used the same method as for Edwin and created mask of the trees as well. I create a sky using pastels that I sealed with Hair Spray. I removed the masks from the trees and added snow to the sky and trees using Stickles. i also added green to the Branches. Once dry I removed the mask from Edwin and coloured him in using Copic markers. I added highlights using clear stardust pen. I rounded the corners of the white card and edge using a blue Copic pen. I mounted it on to a piece of pink card also with rounded corners. Which was then mounted on to a card created using a sheet of A4 blue card folded in half. Added some snowflakes and a bow. I rounded the corners of the card and also edge using the same blue card.


Vix




I cannot begin to tell you how special this stamp is! I've written a whole lot about it over on my blog . It is a custom made stamp of my great grandmother, aunt Geraldine, my father and my grandmother (Nan!) that has been stamped onto starburst stains in cathedral pines green, peony scarlet red and winter jasmine gold using them as sprays by changing the dauber caps. I embossed with black sparkle powder making an easel card. The papers are printouts from Bearly mine designer extreme vol III and the poinsettia is from a simple expressions plate coloured with promarkers which I've made 3d.








I've added an embossed panel on the base and used metallic rub ons in the corners and added 2 holly brads, I think they're HOTP as Ive had them ages. I curled them up with a pair of pliers to act as the stopper.






Now I'll hand you over to our special guest for this challenge and what a treat she has made! Jo Capper-Sandon might be familiar to Craft Stamper readers as she is featured regularly and has a certain skill with making things out of everyday objects found around the house or outdoors. She is on the design teams or makes samples for....Art Journey Craft Stamper Crafty Individuals Gingersnap Creations Happy Daze Paper Artsy Paperbag Studios Stampotique Originals The Artistic Stamper so we are very honoured to have her here, thanks a million Jo x


SPECIAL GUEST DESIGNER - JO CAPPER-SANDON - JO BLOGS









80 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards ladies, well done to us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun, I did love seeing the show,
    and the demo's just as much as I love seeing all the great DT work on here, such an inspiration,
    Hugs to all
    Angie aka lilacanglia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DT cards and what a fun challenge. I love nn traditional colours as well as traditional for Christmas so Here is my card Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful examples ... My entry's here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards ladies of the DT! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DT cards!!

    HERE is my card!

    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards, we have all done very well at this busy time of year, well done ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge, loved the idea of using totally different colours
    http://craft-addiction.blogspot.com/2009/12/crafty-cardmakers-challenge-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope this works, great challenge, my biggest challenge is getting the link!

    http://craft-addiction.blogspot.com/2009/12/crafty-cardmakers-challenge-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge and fab DT cards you can find mine here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brill cards ladies you can find my entry HERE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely DT creations, my entry is here
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi guys,
    thank you for making me a winner on challenge 8. I may just have to enter challenge 9 too.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cards ladies!! Here is mine-

    http://lisashandmadecards.com/hh-manger-christmas-card/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifull work from DT once again.

    here is my card

    hugs
    Kaza.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mine are definitely not the usual things you see on a Christmas card
    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Dt awesome cards.
    Here is my Card
    Thanks Gloria M.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards and a lovely challenge
    Here is my Entry
    Thanks
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't know if I managed to add the link to my card correctly so here is the long version just in case: http://carocrafts.blogspot.com/2009/12/cuddles.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab challenge ladies and gorgeous DT cards. Here is my non-trad colours card - thanks for looking
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great challenge, loved it! Fab DT cards girls.
    Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What wonderful creations....very inspiring. Here is my card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab Dt Cards!Thanks for another great challenge!
    Here’s my entry
    hugs jude

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Jo's Holly Easel Card, my card is truly an alternate Christmas card for me.
    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  26. My first time playing this blog challenge. Beautiful project from the DT. Here is my Christmas Angel Card :)Chel

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great challenge, love the DT cards, Here's my card
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Great challlenges and the DT cards are Stunning '
    Here’s my entry
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is another cards ive made
    Here’s my entry
    hugs jude

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful challenge and beautiful examples from the DT. Here is my card

    Hugs, Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great challenge and the cards from the DT are fab!
    Here is my alternative Christmas-card.
    Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. What beautiful cards. Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great challenge and fab DT cards you can find my 2nd entry here
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Here is my card, blue is I guess non traditional!

    http://kymkreations.blogspot.com/2009/12/let-heaven-and-nature-sing.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Here is my non-traditional colored card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the DT's interpretation of the theme. Thought I had entered this but discovered I haven't. Oooops!

    Here it is.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hiya
    Lovely DT work.
    My entry can be seen here.
    Thanks
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. these cards are all lovely - fab work ladies.

    here’s my entry

    Thanks
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi there

    Fab Dt Cards. My entry is here

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fantastic cards.
    This is my card:
    http://papierowamargaretka.blogspot.com/2009/12/niebieska.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh What fun! I have never done a Challeng with you before. Here is my attempt:
    http://mykraftnook.blogspot.com/2009/12/piles-of-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. My entry:
    http://papierowamargaretka.blogspot.com/2009/12/niebieska.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. Something else I did- card with a gift crad and a tag- no red and greens
    HERE IT IS

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great cards DT!!! Please follow this link to my card.

    couldn't find mr.linky.

    hugs, sheng

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fabulous creations ladies!
    thanks for another fun challenge!
    here's mine;
    ... Joyful Stamper: Digital Tuesday Challenge-Christmas Song

    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful DT samples ladies, love the variety of them. Thanks for looking at my card which you can find HERE.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi brillient cards ladies you can find mine HERE

    ReplyDelete
  50. Here's my entry:


    http://ngcards.blogspot.com/2009/12/creative-inspirations-non-traditional.html

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi i am sure i posted but cant see so posting again you can find mine HERE

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the great challenge
    http://paola-mycreativeplace.blogspot.com/2009/12/ballet-stocking-gift-card-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hope you like my cards, I made these for my friends at school. My Card

    ReplyDelete
  54. Here's another one from me
    There are 2 cards in the same post, hope thats ok thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi there,
    Wonderful DT creations and as promised here is my entry
    Could I be lucky enough to get two in a row!!!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.