We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 30 April 2012

Challenge 67 For The Boys

Hosted By Sally
Sally's challenge for you is to create a male themed project. This could be for a big boy, a little boy or a baby boy, so long as it's male themed.

 ********************
Please check the rules in the right-hand sidebar before entering, thank you.
 ******************** 
 
We are sponsored for this challenge by
who are offering a £10 voucher for their store as a prize
At One Stop Card Crafts we have a big range of ever changing discount making and card making craft supplies.We are always adding to our range of craft supplies which are ideal for making handmade greeting cards, do-it-yourself invitations scrapbook pages, altered items and much more.Our card making craft supplies include free UK postage, our popular discount scheme and quick service means our customers keep coming back for more.Our prices are very competitive and this & makes us an ideal place to buy your card making supplies online. Some of our new products include Petaloo flower layers, Ranger Glitter Glue and Martha Stewart Punches. We also host a regular challenge at http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
 
We are also sponsored for this challenge once again by Digi Doodle Shop who are offering a $10 Gift Certificate for the store
Digi Doodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts. It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps. Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair. Having these two complimenting styles have enabled Digi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.
It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations. We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.
Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy

Here is what the team came up with

Sally
For this colourful card I've used a Forever Friends topper & papers from The Good Life pad
 Mynnette
 A fun birthday card for any little boy!  I used stamps from Stampin' Up! to create my circus scene.
 Jackie
  My card this time was made utilising my pc to print the grass background and a picture of the rugby player cut from a magazine, mounted onto a card base.  End result - an easel card for a rugby mad 10 year old.
 Feebsy
My card was made with a Mo Manning image and DCWV Generation Tech papers, I used "1 Up" instead of a birthday greeting which also doubled as an embellishment of sorts.
 Josephine
 I've been rewatching Barbara Grey's 'Classroom' to make this card for my husband's birthday next month. The Stamp is Clarity's Split Tree and leaves, and the ink is Distress and Memento (black).
 Jack
 My male themed card is for my brother's birthday.  I used stamps that I have had ages and never inked before.  They are from Aspects of Design and I added some lovely paper from Basic Gray and some flourishes to imitate waves.
Yvonne
My male themed card is for my OH's Birthday. I used a Clock die cut as well as a variety of stamps, together with lots of distress inks.
 Fiona
  For my card I have used a stamp from Debbi Moore coloured with my ProMarkers. The little pair of football boots are 3D stickers from K and Co. Papers and nail heads are from my stash.
Anne
I've used the Boy and Dog image from our sponsor, Digital Doodle Shop, keeping the embellies to a minimum for a boy card.  Colouring is Copics and Distress Ink
Carole
I have used the Light House image from our sponsor Digi Doodle Shop, and coloured it in with watercolours. I also chose the colour scheme of red, white and blue.
Kimx
My card was made for one of 'The Boys' at work who is off to Canada to join his wife in a new life.
This is a wee card I made for my Big Brothers Birthday
I kept it simple with just some yummy papers, hand-cut letters , twine, gems and pearls and finished with a wee sentiment!
I made a Baby Boy Set....A Card, Box & a Tiny Mini Album.
Embellished with paper flowers , buttons,safety pin die cut & mini rhinestones.
 
If you would like to stop by their blogs I am sure they would be pleased to see your comments and if you want to know how something was done I am sure there will be more details on their own blogs.
 

10 comments:

  1. Fab challenge !
    Wonderful,creative projects from all the DT- Thank you !
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Amazing Creations by DT! Very inspirational.
    Thanks for this great challenge.
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masculine cards are always a challenge for me as I love all things girly! This is a great challenge for me - Thank you!

    Happiness,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab inspiration from the DT, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great challenge topic. The DT makes are super always good to see a variety of styles in one team. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab DT inspiration, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant inspiration for this challenge. So many styles and occasions. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the challenge (I also have another card to enter under the same blog post - its the male gardening card) hope that is ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards of the DT Members. Thanks for the challenge.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't see the linky thingy so I'm posting my card here. Thanks. http://mygrammysattic.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-dude-time-doodles-fix.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.